Sixth Grade in Six Weeks.

11:00 AM

It only takes a quick look at my Pinterest to see that in my mind, I'm pretty crafty. A quick look around my house, however, would probably portray exactly the opposite. 

I would like to be crafty, I just usually don't know where to start, so the fact that I kinda "dreamt" this particular craft up is almost shocking!

I'm decorating my classroom with maps. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly I'm going to do that, so hopefully I'll continue dreaming things up as I go. This little "Olson" I made out of letters from Hobby Lobby, Modge Podge, and maps from an old atlas, didn't turn out too bad! As a matter of fact, I think it almost looks good on my teacher desk :) It's definitely not perfect and if you look at it closely you can see just how imperfect it is - but I must say I'm pleased! (Just don't ask how long it took...) 

More maps coming soon! 

PS Okay okay so I don't actually start teaching until 8 weeks from now, but I have to have my classroom ready in 4 weeks, so in my mind that averages out to 6 weeks. ;)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love it! I want to make something like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristyn! I'm still impressed with the photo-to-canvas transfer you did for us for our wedding! We have it hanging in our kitchen!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your name sign! LOVE IT!
    What school will you be teaching at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It really wasn't hard! It did take time, but Stephen and I just watched Netflix while I worked on it, so I didn't mind :) I'll DM you with my school info :)

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images