Coconut Rice with Mango

4:35 PM

I'm back with another DELICIOUS (and really easy) recipe:

COCONUT RICE WITH MANGO. 

I got this recipe probably when I was 12 or 13, but I thought that it was really complicated so I don't know if I ever actually made it. BUT, when Isaac and Chelsee bought TEN mangos at the store the other day, I was determined to share with them the joy of the thai-coconut-rice-with-mango dessert.
And that's when I realized:
 IT IS SO SIMPLE AND SO AMAZING WHY DO I NOT MAKE THIS ALL THE TIME?!?!? 
[Don't worry - I've learned my lesson and made it plenty of times since...]

Ingredients:
1 cup jasmine rice
1 3/4 cups water
1 can coconut milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
mango(s) 

Directions: Rinse rice until water runs clear (I usually rinse three times.) 
[I'm really not sure how critical this step is, but I'm afraid to not do it because I wouldn't want to mess something up and it's really not that difficult.]

Dump rice and water into rice cooker. 
[You could also do this on the stove, but seriously - invest in a rice cooker. They're amazing ;)]

In a saucepan combine coconut milk, sugar and salt. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
[I usually wait until the rice is almost done before doing this step.] 

When the rice is done, pour the boiled coconut milk into the cooked rice. Stir well. 
Cover top of rice directly with wax paper or aluminum foil. Let rest for 30 minutes at room temp.
[Or if you're impatient like me - put it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes and call it good.]

Serve with fresh mango on top.



You can thank me later ;)
PS I've been updating my blog layout for like 4 hours now. Stephen just texted me and said "This game is so intense!! I'm dying!" ...I've been so engrossed in my blogging, I completely forgot there was even a BYU football game. hahahhaha. I mean, I remember Stephen leaving and telling me he was going to watch the game at a friends, but I had completely forgotten why he left until just now. Oops. Worst wife award. On the positive side - I've learned a lot about blog layouts and even experimented with some html coding! (Which has been way more intense than a football game in my opinion... ;)) What do you think of the new look?!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Compliments from a professional?! I couldn't be more honored :) Thanks Elise!

      Delete
  2. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS. PLEASE DO MINE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MARCIE! I would LOVE TO!! Oh my gosh! PLEASE PLEASE!

      Delete
    2. Okay wait SERIOUSLY! Maybe in a few weeks after I get married?! :) :)

      Delete
  3. I love the new look, Han!! It's SO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah! I was so glad to find your FB note in my email! I'd totally forgotten about this recipe. It came from a friend here in Newtown that served his mission in Thailand decades ago. Congratulations on getting married! Did you get the dishes I sent? Your pictures are beautiful and it's so fun to get a glimpse into what you're doing these days. It's been ages since I saw or talked with your mom. I'm not sure I even know how to get in touch with her. Can you email me her contact information? xo Kim kimberlywoodard@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images